Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Book Review- God Gave Us Angels

     God Gave Us Angels is marketed for children ages 3-8. I was curious how the author, Lisa Tawn Bergren, would deal with the topic of angels in a kid friendly way. Little Cub is "Lookin' for angels," so Papa Bear gives his cub Biblical information about angels.

          -Angels are all around us, but invisible most of the time.
          -Angels serve God and do what He wants.
          -Angels are messengers .
          -Angels guard or fight for God's people.
          -Angels worship God, but are not to be worshiped or prayed            to.
          -Angels don't really wear halos.
          -Angels sometimes are in disguise (a test to see if we will                care for those in need).
          -Angels live in heaven and sing praise to God.
     This is a well written children's book. I enjoy the simple way Bergren handles a weighty topic and the colorful artwork by Laura J. Bryant. My only complaint is the use of "Imbisible" for Little Cub's version of "Invisible." I would prefer my kids read and hear the correct spelling and pronunciation of a word. However, this is definitely a book I will share with my children.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment